Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mother's Day Boutique

Over the weekend, I participated in a Mother's Day Boutique to benefit the USO.  This was the first one I've ever done, and I was a bit nervous about how it would go.  I sewed and sewed for like two months to get ready.  I knew I was making too much stuff, but I'd rather have left over things, than not enough.

The first things to sell (and they sold out quickly) were the coloring books and magnet books.  They were a big hit.


My friend Jenny made some really cute strap covers for SLR cameras and some replacement straps for point and shoot cameras too!



My sister and I have been making these easy chenille burp cloths for years, and I saw a really cute way to package them on my cousin's blog here.  So I made a few sets for this event.


I love the carseat canopies that are so popular now.  When I had my last baby, which was only 2 1/2 years ago, I never saw these.  I wish I had, because the girl ones turned out really cute.  I am having a boy in the next week or two, so I made some cool boy ones too, but the ruffles I put on the girl ones really made them super cute!


Here is a picture of my whole booth.  It wasn't too fancy, but I had a good time.


And, I had the best salesman helper ever!  He didn't want to be left out, so he made some drawings to sell for 50 cents each, and sold them all.  He had even more fun than I did!


I did't sell even close to everything I brought, but I sold enough and had a great time with Stephen,my friends, and my family that came to help and support me! 

I had a few people ask about doing custom or future orders too.  You can always e-mail me at bozbaby@live.com and let me know what you're looking for.  I'm sure we can work it out!

1 comment:

  1. It looks fancy to me! Great job! I love those new carseat covers. Good luck with the upcoming baby! I forgot you were due so soon!

    ReplyDelete