Friday, January 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Fun

Living close to home again means we get to spend a lot of time with all of our family.  We love it!  It does, however, make for some pretty long days at holiday time.

For Thanksgiving, we had lunch and pie at one house, snacks and hanging out at another, and dinner and more pie at a third.  It was long, but we loved all of it!  It is so nice to be home and have most of our family so close by instead of a couple thousand miles away.

There is always a lot of yummy pies at every house, so I thought I would do a different dessert too.  So instead of making pie, I made something easy for little guys and girls to get and eat without making much mess.  The kids helped me pick, and we decided on owl cake pops.  I don't always have good luck with cake pops though, so we did big marshmallows. 


We stuck chocolate chips to the top for ears, then dipped them a few times in different candy melts and stuck on some candy eyes and sprinkle beaks.  They were gone quickly, so I think they were a success!


This was the kids' table at my Mom's house.  I thought it was really cute.


The kids all thought they were pretty fancy with their china plates and crystal goblets (all from the thrift store!).



The adult table was pretty nice too, but I really liked the kids table!


We had such a fun Thanksgiving!  We were moving around, visiting, driving, eating and playing so much that I forgot to take any pictures of anybody...Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment